Another Remembrance Day has almost passed here.

Both of my grandfathers were in France that day. This country has never recovered from our Army's 63% casualties. In my mind that it was 150% casualties as PTSD worked on almost all veterens and many of their families.

Kurt Hahn, called in the USA 'the father of outdoor education' (although I think BP was there earlier) wrote about the "moral equivilant of war" found in outdoor adventures. He was describing commitment to a cause greater than ourselves, selflessness, sacrifice, discipline and dedication, and bravery.

We are a uniformed outdoor adventure movement.

What should our Scouts consider on Remembrance Day? What good do we pull from the horror and how do we do that?

Lest we forget(This message has been edited by ozemu)

I took herd of Tigers which I serve to the Veteran's Day Ceremony. They got to salute several times, herd the volleys and the taps and held their little flags.

My Great Grandfather was also in France in WWI. He died when I was four. Don't remember him at all, but have a great picture of him in uniform in my office.

This morning's ceremony wa said to have the most people my Legion buddys can ever remember having there. It could have been that herd of Tigers skewering the numbers.

I was going to do this in another thread but this one is most appropriate.

I would like to thank Trail Pounder, KoreaScouter, and all the others in these forums who have served in our armed forces, for their service to this country. I mean that sincerely.