At our Iron Chef competition, the adults do lunch.  This is also an activity that Webelos visit.  The scout patrols compete for Breakfast, Dinner and Dessert.

We enjoy cooking and eating well plus we try to set an example of things the scouts can do when they plan.

Our secret ingredient was cranberries.  I made 3 things, chili, fresh cranberry applesauce and since the favorite Philmont meal is stuffing with chicken and cranberries, I made it to demo for the scouts who didn't do Philmont.

The other adults made red beans and rice, flank steak, beef and noodles and pumpkin bread all with cranberries.  Since we had Webelos visiting, we made a non-cranberry mac and cheese.

Much of it was made in dutch ovens.  The flank steak was made over the fire on our cowboy cooking setup.

The winning scout recipes were a breakfast casserole, bacon wrapped pork chops and stuffing and a brownie dessert.  I didn't get good pics of their meals as I was preparing my lunch while they did breakfast and it was dark when dinner was done.

20191102_125601.jpg

20191102_124313.jpg

More pics.

20191102_125613.jpg

20191102_125603.jpg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, 69RoadRunner said:

Our secret ingredient was cranberries.  I made 3 things, chili, fresh cranberry applesauce and since the favorite Philmont meal is stuffing with chicken and cranberries, I made it to demo for the scouts who didn't do Philmont.

That Stuffing with chicken and cranberries sounds like a real winner!   You wouldn't happen to have a recipe you could share?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, mrkstvns said:

That Stuffing with chicken and cranberries sounds like a real winner!   You wouldn't happen to have a recipe you could share?

2 boxes of Stove Top

1 can of chunk chicken

Package of Craisins (dehydrated cranberries).

Boil the amount of water required for the 2 boxes (no butter at Philmont, but you can use some oil).

Take pot off the stove, pour everything in and stir.

You can vary the amount of chicken and Craisins.

• Thanks 1