It's good to be back.

After a hiatus of just less than 2 decades I have returned to Scouting. (Is it just me or have somethings changed?)

My son joined Scouts in February 2004 and loves it.

As a youth pastor, I have taken the role of Troop Chaplain, which makes me a part of the Troop Commitee.

My own Scouting history runs from my Bobcat in October of 1973 to my Eagle in '83 and continued to my OA Vigil in '85. Along with that I served in almost every position of leadership from Denner to OA Section Secretary.

I am now SM/ASM and Troop Comitte trained and looking forward to Woodbadge 2006.

I have already gleaned many things from this forum and look forward to learning more.

Helping to build and shape youth of character. What a calling!

It is great to be back.

BSAChaplain,

Well Welcome back and welcome to the forum.

Some things may have changed. I however believe that if you take a group of Lads off camping, it makes little difference where they are from and what the date is!!

The equipment is better than it used to be, but Fun is timeless and universal.

Eamonn.

PS I love the zoo that you have

(This message has been edited by Eamonn)

Welcome back to Scouting. It's great to have someone of your conviction and caliber involved. Your son and the boys you work with will be blessed by it.

I love San Diego (but don't think I could afford to live there). Keep up the good fight down there. We've been watching your courts with the Balboa Park situation.

Welcome to the forums!