CAMPAIGN TO GIVE A BIG HUG TO THIS USER: MRSSMITH

Mrs.Smith :

"4. For Pete's sake, does everything have to be spelled out around here? Decent, Dissent, Descent. Play on another thread where some poor guy was being ridiculed for not using spell check. (another example of IN MY OPINION a lack of Scout Spirit on display there). Again, I never said anyone was indecent. "

DECENT------->I'm a fast typer..what can I say... but it's all sticks and stones..sticks and stones..

Everyone has a right to their opinion, even if it may be a sarcastic one. It is our Scout Spirit, that can enable us to deal with most people, put a smile on our face, and keep on truckin'.

I agree with Unc

"Now let's hug and have that cup of coffee."

"Decent, Dissent, Descent. Play on another thread where some poor guy was being ridiculed for not using spell check. (another example of IN MY OPINION a lack of Scout Spirit on display there)."

No one was being ridiculed in that thread (Scouters VS. Non-Scouters). It was simply being noted in a whimsical way that two people successively misspelled the same word in different ways. There was no "poor guy" and there was no ridicule. Is it Scout Spirit to assume a malevolent nature or intent whenever possible? Is it Scout Spirit to author petitions against individuals with whom you may disagree on an issue? Where do you think that negative dispositions start, if not with personal grudges against individuals? Take care that in your quest to eradicate the rude and unscoutlike from this forum that you do not become one yourself.