AOL / Crossover with Candles held by DENs - does anyone know this one?

Does anyone know this one?

Back when my oldest crossed over, (5 years ago), we used a ceremony where the AOL's carried a candle over to the different dens, &  lit a candle there.  This involved ALL the scouts in the AOL / crossover, not just the 5th graders.   

CM lit the candle of the 2 AOL scouts, who then took turns going to the dens, and lighting a candle that stayed with the dens. While the CM talked (about what the AOL had learned at Tiger rank? I don't remember) all the boys in the Tiger den  passed their candle from hand to hand till it ended up with all the Tiger den jointly holding one candle.  Then the CM lit a second candle, and the AOL carried it over to the Wolf den, and they passed it hand to hand till it ended up with all the Wolfs holding the one candle,  as the CM talked about being a wolf.  And then with Bear, and Webelo1.

Ended up with each den holding one candle, and then the 2 AOL's had their own special candle.

The thing I really liked was it *involved* all the younger scouts - they were very solemn and really vested in watching the ceremony.

My goal is to make the younger boys really want to earn AOL & cross over.

Does anyone know what this ceremony is, or something similar?  I need a ceremony in 2 weeks.  I've looked on line, but all the "candle" ceremony's I can find involve the AOL lighting candles up front  with the CM.  And these do NOT involve the younger dens.

Help please?

BIG candles.   Collar to catch the wax.   No carpets in the ceremony room, bare floor.   Cubs will be impressed, no matter what, with candles and solemnity of the adults and older Scouts. 

Design your own, simple ceremony. It sounds like you have one, go with it.   Include Boy Scouts in it if you can,  talk about "Scout Spirit" alot, and the passing of the Spirit from the older to the younger.  

See you on the trail.... 

For years we used a living bridge that involved the younger dens.  I agree on involving them.  The pack now uses a assemble as you go bridge, which could be done by the youngers but tends to be done by the receiving troop. 

I agree that you could write your own....in a few years it will be 'tradition' and what the pack has always done.