It must be a long road to convert to Boy Led...

I wish NYLT spent more time on "Talking to Adults."  It's good material, but given the problems role-playing would be helpful. ("But things are not as smooth as when I did all the planning.")

The default response for a NYLT-trained SPL could be a courteous, "With all due respect sir, have you considered Wood Badge training?" (seems like there should be a T-shirt  :))  Levity aside, you're probably correct in suggesting at least an awareness of potential issues when working with Scouters, especially the old guard who may be entrenched and unwilling to relinquish control.

Personally, I enjoy the ebb and flow as each newly-elected PLC takes the reins and charges off in a new direction, to prove that they know best. Sometimes they do, sometimes not, but the journey is invariably enlightening and mostly fun.

• Upvote 1

Wood Badge, in spite of its other values, is not the answer to ignorance about the Patrol Method and its non-optional nature in Boy Scouting.  

At no stage in BSA training of adults is the Patrol Method clearly explained.

At no stage in BSA training that I can find is it stated that the Patrol method is not optional, although BSA says so several times elsewhere. ("“nless the patrol method is in operation, you don't really have a Boy Scout troop.†)

• Upvote 1