Double H Ranch - Philmont

We are coming out of Fort Worth, Texas - the western end of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.

We can make in about a day and half.

You are probably doing the best thing getting use to the higher elevation. We went to Spainish Peaks South Ranch in Walesberg Colo, which is at about 7,500 feet and I felt it when we got there.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcement - Double H High Adventure Base

2004 Opening Available!!

There are still opening available for the Double H. If you know of any crews that would like to attend, please have them contact the Double H

. 505-376-2281

doubleh@philmontscoutranch.org

Philmont Director of Programs was our guest speaker at Council Commissioner college last weekend.

Confirmed there are openings at the Double H yet this summer.

Since this is year 1 for the property, the staff member is going out for the entire trek for a reason: He'll be on GPS, and be mapping tentative trails for the future.

There are some indicators of program coming. The Philmont PD said they want to put in a modern black powder shooting facility.

Hope this helps.

YIS John

Howdy everyone!

I'm thrilled to see people getting excited about this summer's Double H high adventures. I'll be one of the wilderness guides who'll tag along for the fun. Oh yes...it will DEFINITELY be fun!

After seeing the pictures on the Double H page, already I'm filled with awe and wonder at this large new chunk of scouting paradise. The possibilities soar...

See you out there!

All smiles,

Cole Sigmon,

Asheville, North Carolina

• 2 weeks later...

Questions - What kind of medical profile are they looking for on the recheck physical which they will perform when we check in at Double H. I am thinking since it is being run by Philmont they will want us to be in good shape i.e. the weight under the weight limit.

Good bloocd presure - -

As I understand it the pack is to be a lite as possible.

• 3 months later...