Elkhart---- 

Boy Scout wants you !

Now is the time to joinicon1.png the fun and excitement of America's foremost youth program for boys... Boy Scouts.

Designed for boys ages 11-18, Boy Scouts combines fishing, archery, camping and other outdoor activities and academics. The program helps Scouts learnicon1.png ideals such as honesty, good citizenship, leadership skills and respect.

Elkhart County Boy Scouts will hold an Open House and invites all interested young men to check what Scouts is all about.

The Open House will be at the Concord Fire Department located at 23625 CR 18 in Elkhart from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m

Adventure%205_zpsgrwpfac9.png

Adventure_zpshsansc9d.png

Edited by TAHAWK
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The curmudgeons will say:

1. How dare you market all that fun and excitment with no hint of a uniform! (Of course if there was a hint, you'd get the "properly or not at all" speech.

2. Boy Scouts? What's up with all them women?

I say: here's hoping they turn up in spades.

:) I think it needs a photo of some youth in an active service project. More youth are looking for that sort of thing than we give credit.

The classic hauling trash out of a stream is one that caught my attention back in the day.

I wish I had a camera at the ready on Son #2's last day as a scout. He ended it in uniform helping an elderly lady across the parking lot into her cab. See an image of that, and every mom I know would sign the dotted line.