New Program Features -- Climbing and Rappelling Needed

Could anyone who has the new Program Features Vol 1 book possibly scan and send me the Climbing and Rappelling ones? Our local council office is out of the book until at least next week, which usually means next month. I'm a certified climbing instructor and former Venturing advisor helping a nearby unit plan some activities I'm going to be supervising. Thanks in advance for any helping hands!

The whole thing is available online: http://www.scouting.org/Home/BoyScouts/Resources/TroopProgramFeaturesVol_I_III.aspx

Why every council office doesn't know this is beyond me.

T2, this is actually the last edition. Owen is referring to the newest edition which came out in 2014. There was a thread a few weeks ago about pdf versions and a spotty link. It would be nice if the new edition were available on the Scouting.org site.

LeCastor

By way of duct tape: take the climbing merit badge book and break it down into meeting activites and cliff-side activities.

If you really want to up the game, get a topo map and maybe satellite images and let the youth use it to identify where some workable cliffs and boulder fields might be in your area. Pick one that they could hike to in a morning (from a safe parking spot), and have them arrange a trip to it.

Or maybe you have a training location in mind. Give the youth the GPS coordinates and have them draw up a plan to get there.