Today is Scout Sunday And BSA's Official Birthday

A Scout is Reverent.

Will be leaving soon to participate in our unit's annual Scout Sunday ritual. The scouts usher and greet, along with parents, while I am the litergist for the service. We also run the between services coffee gathering. This year we again have an official cub pack to join us. Hope my voice does not give me issues, as have a bit of the infamous stuffy head and heavy chest.

Interesting how this small annual activity does so much positive in our unit relationship with the church.

We had our first scout sunday with our Charter org today and it was great. They included our scouts in the service had us introduce our unit to the congregation and afterward they provided lunch and cake to celebrate scout sunday with us. I think it was a very positive day for the all involved.

In the church's "minute for mission", Son #2 gave his last report (as a boy scout) to the CO.

This was a tradition that I started with the previous SM when we decided that we're the two adults who folks (the Almighty included) hear from aplenty. I'm looking forward to see which boy (or female venturer) will do it next year.

My holy grail would be the cubs, scouts, and venturers pulling together some sort of skit for this "minute for mission" (or maybe a play for the sermon) , but that will take a special combination of youth.

Regardless, our CO showed the boys a lot of love. Many of the older members took time to personally greet every scout.

Oh, and venturers, happy anniversary!