OA let my son down

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then isn't it up to the youth in your District to do something about that? You can complain, or you can find a solution. If the OA means something to the youth who have been elected as Arrowmen in you

yeah, every story has two sides. As OA Chapter Advisor I can tell you stories about scoutmasters refusing to return phone calls and emails, waiting until the last minute to schedule an election then

The OA is a Boy Scout program, adults are not in charge.   I keep reading posts bashing things your local Lodges/Chapters are and are not doing. One question: how many scouts from your unit are act

Then isn't it up to the youth in your District to do something about that? You can complain, or you can find a solution. If the OA means something to the youth who have been elected as Arrowmen in your son's Troop, they should step up and do something about it. If the Ordeal was just a checklist item, then it may be better to let that Lodge fail until young men of true Servant Leadership emerge to bring it back.

• Upvote 2