Red Troop numbers and Shoulder Loops

Policy is this (Boy Scout): Oscar De la Renta uniforms are worn with red loops and red numbers. Centennial uniforms are worn with green loops and green numbers.

To have a bit of fun, and make this point, y son who owns both type shirts, got into my old stuff and sewed my old colored office, rank, and Arrow of Light patches on his Oscar shirt. He gets lots of double takes.

I'm not a uniform Nazi, but do try to follow uniform policy. Although it pains me to say it, I like the Oscar De La Renta shirts best. Typically I wear a first run Venture shirt (an Oscar), I wish I could find another tan one.

Before anyone tries to call me out for wearing a Venture shirt, I'm a UC who serves both unit types. In my second role, OA Adviser, I wear a tan shirt, as OA is a Boy Scout program.

... Before anyone tries to call me out for wearing a Venture shirt' date=' I'm a UC who serves both unit types. ... [/quote']

Lest anyone wonders what OOE83 is talking about, I can vouch that 1 in 20 tan-shirted scouters will say something to you if you're in green at their troop meeting -- as if suddenly you've gone rogue on them.:mad: At least now I can reply "I'm representing the organization with 40 words in their oath and 12 points in their law. What are you doing?"

• Upvote 1