What I am thankful for...

Im an American, an American, an American soldieeeger. Toby Keiths American Soldier

It is Thanksgiving 2003, and Im most thankful for the men and women who have, are, and will serve in the armed forces of the United States of America. We are the most powerful, best country in the whole world and it is all because of them risking their lives every day of the week of every week of the year. These should be our heroes; not Michael Jordan, Matt Morris, etc. How about an Army Ranger instead of a MLB player? Or even a recruit in the Army, the recruit not yet a Marine?? Our quiet soldiers are who should be our heroes. They are who I am most proud and thankful for.

Ive got this graphic on my computer that I would like to describe and duplicate here

WHAT A SOLDIER HAS DONE FOR ME

It was the soldier who gave us the freedom of speech, not the poet.

It was the soldier who gave us the freedom of press, not the reporter.

It was the soldier who gave us the freedom to demonstrate, not the campus organizer.

It was the soldier who gave us the right to a fair trial, not the lawyer.

It is the soldier who salutes the Flag,

Serves under the Flag,

And WHOSE COFFIN IS DRAPED BY THE FLAG,

Who allows the protester to burn the Flag.

Im 14 years old. There are soldiers who are only 3 years older than I. The average American Fighting Man is only 19 years old. These men and women arent even old enough to drink a beer!!, but will still die for you and me because that is what they do. The least we can do is to support them. It isnt politics; this is plain simple common sense. Our city has a 911 system. What about America and the rest of the world?? They call on the men and women of the USA armed forces in an emergency. They are the worlds 911.

It is Thanksgiving. Please remember the soldiers who are currently in Iraq, Afghanistan, and everywhere else around the world. Many who could possibly never see their family again. Please take a moment to remember them. It doesnt matter to me where you are from, the United States have probably been there to help your country out in times of need.

Our soldiers need our support!!! It is not them who place them in harms way. And it isnt the Commander in Chief either. No, its the terrorists who are such cowards that they cant even show their faces. We will prevail!

God Bless the USA

I typed this last night just out of nowhere. It brought tears to my eyes.

My pantheon of hereos has long included people like Audie Murphy; my uncle who survived the USS Ben Franklin fire; Joe Foss; and my friend who was a Corpsman in Vietnam and was shot 11 times and despite that continued to do his job of tending to wounded Marines, for that he received the Silver Star, a limp, and a lifetime disability pension.

Hey, Hopper how about starting a line of t-shirts with the pictures of Medal of Honor winners?

Hey Hop, I agree with you, Toby Keith expresses exactly what i want to say. I hate it listening to all these protestors arguing about going to war to defend our country. They say we're sending them to death, I say they are being a true American. It's people like that that gave them the power to speak. Bless the Armed Forces when your eating today. Those are who we should truely be thankful for.

I really respect what he did. Through all the political mumbo-jumbo, he did something I dont think any other President has done when we were at war. And he really didnt want to get any press recongnization of his act, but just wanted to show his appreciation of the troops. I really respect what he did.

So, what for Christmas Pres. Bush!!!:) :) :) :)