Registering in two separate Councils

My daughter is looking to join a second crew as hers is going in a different direction. She doesn't want to leave completely without trying to help turn it around. She found another crew in neighboring council. Is it possible to register in more than one at a time?

Yes. One such venturer of mine ages out this year. Her first year with us, she was a multiple in our council and primary in the council where she served as camp staff. Second year she was primary with us. It enabled her to continue setting up area summits for us.

Word of caution to your daughter: it is very hard to be effective spread too thin. We advisors will try an accommodate anyone, but sometimes a clean break gets the desired results.

Not a problem....

When I was a crew advisor for my crew, we had boys/girls from not only from different councils, but also different states. :)

Stosh

But did they regsiter and charter in each council?
Yes. One such venturer of mine ages out this year. Her first year with us, she was a multiple in our council and primary in the council where she served as camp staff. Second year she was primary with us. It enabled her to continue setting up area summits for us.

Word of caution to your daughter: it is very hard to be effective spread too thin. We advisors will try an accommodate anyone, but sometimes a clean break gets the desired results.

We warned her of it. The problem is her current crew is not active to the point of interfering with other activities.
Not a problem....

When I was a crew advisor for my crew, we had boys/girls from not only from different councils, but also different states. :)

Stosh

Yes, some were registered as Boy Scouts in one council and Venturing in another.

Stosh