Can a parent with felony convictions attend troop meetings?

Can a parent with felony convictions attend troop meetings?  

3 members have voted

1. 1.

As Beavah would say, Yah, hmmmm. I have several concerns. Allowing a non-registered adult to have regular, direct contact with the youth is a concern. Knowing that the adult is a convicted felon involving minors raises the level of concern to the point of a Youth Protection concern. I think the troop committee needs to have a discussion with the Scout Executive and ask for guidance. I agree, that a non-registered adult attending committee meetings and having a "vote" is inappropriate. They are not a member of the unit...their son is. Those who are registered have a right to fulfill their duties without outside interference from those who are unable to become registered. I also agree that if KayW is not a registered leader, she is on thin ice. I think Beavah would also admonish us that spreading "hearsay" about a fellow parent without substantiated legal evidence (legally obtained) is dangerous.
The background check will be the deal maker/breaker. Not only do our leaders get checked by the BSA and Council, but by the CO as well, with the resources it has available. Our CO has the final word regardless of BSA/Council's findings/recommendations. Leave nothing to chance, ABC: Always Be Certain.
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By all means, marginalize the person. Make absolutely certain that the parent and family never feel or become a part of society again. It doesn't matter if they've 'paid their debt', make 'em pay, and

By all means, marginalize the person. Make absolutely certain that the parent and family never feel or become a part of society again. It doesn't matter if they've 'paid their debt', make 'em pay, and their kids pay, forever. Write them off.
I like your sarcasm packsaddle. Given that Kayw gave little info its hard to answer. They should go one further and have the chartering organization ban the family from the premises. Sad that these folks live with this childish behavior.