There are many reasons one cannot or is not comfortable tent camping. I must have my CPAP also, but don't use the humidifier so I can get by plop camping. I would have talked to the event coordinator about the situation, they did not. So talk to them about it as an adult and don't get upset until you know the circumstances and their reasons. A couple of months ago I took climbing and rappelling training and the group was expected to backpack to the cliffs about 3/4 of a mile. I talked to the chairman ahead of time and was given permission to plop back at the parking lot. I don't have a pack mule to carry a big deep cycle battery. Meant I had to hike a lot more than everyone else but was not a big deal.
I backpack with my cpap setup.....

Equipment choices are important.

The troop is hosting the Webelos on a campout this weekend at our council camp. This is a big deal for the troop and we go to a lot of trouble to plan a big weekend for both the Webelos and their parents. We make a point that the Webelos camp under Cub Scout camping guidelines which mean they have a parent or guardian with them who is responsible for them. (I know they could also camp as a Webelos den and be supervised by their den leaders, but that's not how we've organized the weekend.)

So I find out that several of the Webelos parents have independently contacted the camp and reserved the staff cabins for themselves. The cabins are on the other side of camp, about a half mile away. No doubt their intention is to leave their Webs to camp with the troop while they get to check out for the evening.

This just chaps my butt. I don't think there is a real safety issue here, but there are any number of policy issues if we wanted to get picky. Mostly, I'm irritated with being dumped on.

Am I over reacting? How would you handle?

Irritated at being dumped on, but on the other hand, it's probably the best thing that could happen for the Webelos.

I think it works.

Ya it would make me mad. you go to the trouble of planning a nice dad and lad weekend and the dads are going to stay in a cabin.....I gotta ask, are the boys staying with dad in the cabin or in tents with the troop?

From the first posting, it appears that this activity is a Webelos trip to visit a Troop, NOT a Dad and Lad outing. If the Pack or Den wishes to set up a Dad and Lad, fine. But when it's a visit to the troop to check out Boy Scout activities, the dads are not part of the planned activities. The Boy Scouts take care of the Webelos boys and the SM and other adults may wish to converse with the parents, but it's not a joint activity.

If this process was the normal routine, then one can expect helicopter parents to think this is normal that they hang around constantly in all boy activities. That's a floodgate I really don't want to open up.

Stosh

I think it works.

Ya it would make me mad. you go to the trouble of planning a nice dad and lad weekend and the dads are going to stay in a cabin.....I gotta ask, are the boys staying with dad in the cabin or in tents with the troop?

Well we are just going to have to agree to disagree. Most parents that want to see a program in action for the purpose of picking a troop are not helicopter parents, nomatter how the program is presented. I would have concern of a troop where I as a parent were not allowed to see the program in action. It's also my personal opinion that troops shouldn't plan a campout specifically for webelos because they should observe a typical monthly program, but that is just me. Barry

From what has been written here we don't know what the intentions are for the parents. They very well may plan on staying for the evening activities and head back to the cabins to sleep. Maybe they are planning their own campfire and bottles of wine, who knows. I have a hard time seeing parents wanting to spend all the time in a cabin without bottles of wine. :). Make sure they understand BSA policies. With my wife's work schedule she has a hard time staying up past 9. If it bothers you that much pull out the GTSS and show them the Webelos are to be responsible to one adult. And that is not going to be you. I agree the best time to visit a troop is on a normal program activity. Last year my troop trotted out some older boys for the camporee that I have not seen since. :) However there are those pesky BSA guidelines limiting hat Webelos can and can't do.