Eagle Coach - fact and fiction

Eagle Coach - fact and fiction  

26 members have voted

1. 1.

• My District requires Eagle Coaches be trained and offers a class
    • My DIstrict has a pool of trained Eagle Coaches available
    • What District? I can't find the District Advancement Chair.
    • No change here, either the SM does it or assigns an ASM as Eagle Advisor who does this role
    • No change here, the scout either asks a troop leader to be his Eagle Advisor or does without.

My son did not have an eagle coach or eagle advisor. We saw them mentioned in the stack of paperwork he had to fill out, but it was a PIA just to track down the person who is supposed to sing off so he can start, let alone try to find anyone else. The man who signed the OK for my son's project didn't even read the proposal.

I've always wondered how a boy could earn his eagle by completing a project that the city didn't want, didn't approve, and ultimately removed; now I understand exactly how that happens; there isn't anyone to actually help the lads!

BD: Exactly what kind of leadership is a boy demonstrating when he willfully disobeys city ordnances?

There are only 32,000 people in the entire county, maybe 12,000 in town. Everyone knew about what was happening with the school. When the school wanted to expand from 1st thru 6th to PreK thru 8th all the surrounding neighbors were up in arms because there was no parking and they were tired of being blocked in their driveways every morning and afternoon and things got really crazy when there were school events. A condition of expanding the building was that they put in a parking lot. The parking lot was put in, but they tore out the sidewalk in the process, then fenced it off so cars couldn't actually park there. (They put in 2 sets of basketball nets though.)

City ordinances require a sidewalk along the street for all buildings. The legal case was in the paper almost daily because the neighbors were threatening to file suit if the city didn't. The School untimely lost the issue of the sidewalk because you have to follow the ordinance, but won on the parking lot because the condition was that they install a parking lot, which they did. There was no condition that the parking lot had to be accessible to cars.

There should be someone to read the proposal and make sure that the kids are following the local laws. When my kid was working on his project all that fell to me. I was the one to tell him he needed to attend city council meetings, library board meetings, and planning and zoning meetings; Kids don't think of those things on their own.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did not have an eagle coach or mentor or buddy when I did mine......I had a half a dozen paged ditto packet I followed.....When I had a question I went to the scoutmaster....     While this isn'

My son did not have an eagle coach or eagle advisor. We saw them mentioned in the stack of paperwork he had to fill out, but it was a PIA just to track down the person who is supposed to sing off so he can start, let alone try to find anyone else. The man who signed the OK for my son's project didn't even read the proposal.

I've always wondered how a boy could earn his eagle by completing a project that the city didn't want, didn't approve, and ultimately removed; now I understand exactly how that happens; there isn't anyone to actually help the lads!

If everyone in your little mayberry knew what was going on......

Why would a Eagle Candidate chose to violate the cities wishes......Because you said everyone knew.

The boy, his parents, SM and YOU are to blame for this failure. You all knew and still the Eagle project went forward.....You should all be a shamed of yourselves and you should really be a shamed......whining about it on the internet.

Secondly you say he didn't show any leadership during the project.......WOW.

He should obviously tear the Unearned eagle patch from his shirt go immediately to the location of his destroyed project and burn it with FOX news rolling cameras.