The diference, if any, between Pack overnighter and Family camp?

You do not "encourage" following G2SS during any Pack function. You follow it or you go home. End of story.

Before any Pack camp out, the CC and CM need to send out a Do's and Don'ts list to every family and remind everyone that this is not a private camp out but a PACK event following G2SS. Those unable or unwilling to follow the rules should reconsider their participation. Those who can not follow the rules while in camp will be asked to leave. And you have to back that promise with action.

We do a Fall and Spring Pack campout. I had brought up the this subject at our last Committee meeting, our Fall campout is held on property that has not been approved by council and the response I got was " we have never followed The Guidelines for our Fall campout and we don't want to." This past year we had our first Spring campout and on Council property. I insisted that we follow G2SS and out of 20 Families we had all 5 families from my Den and the Cubmasters. We still had a blast, even in the rain.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not "encourage" following G2SS during any Pack function. You follow it or you go home. End of story.

Before any Pack camp out, the CC and CM need to send out a Do's and Don'ts list to every family and remind everyone that this is not a private camp out but a PACK event following G2SS. Those unable or unwilling to follow the rules should reconsider their participation. Those who can not follow the rules while in camp will be asked to leave. And you have to back that promise with action.

Excellent! Show off those photos! Sell the next event to the boys and then the parents.

The more you emphasize that you expect the pack adults to perform to standard, the more they will. The naysayers will either melt away/age out, or their kids will get tired of missing events and they'll begin to tow the line. Plus, the CC and CM team need look to your new families to begin filling in committee positions as naysayers leave.