Attending Scoutland adventure camp for the first time

My son and I will be attending Scoutland adventure camp at Lake Lanier, in Gainesville GA in a couple of weeks. We are going as a parent/son team. Can anyone offer any reviews, suggestions, or anything that may help us prepare. We've signed up for the Outback adventure as well. Never attended any type of camp at a BSA property such as this, but have been camping many times on our own.

Thanks everyone,

Hi -- responded to your welcome post.

I personally have never been to Scoutland, but I have been told that it is definitely oriented more towards Cub Scouts than Boy Scouts, so it sounds like it is a good fit (are you going with your Bear or your Webelos?)

• Downvote 1

I personally have never been to Scoutland, but I have been told that it is definitely oriented more towards Cub Scouts than Boy Scouts, so it sounds like it is a good fit (are you going with your Bear or your Webelos?)

Just my Webelos and I are going. My greatest worry is that he may get a little bored. The patrol he's in now is very active and we do a lot of activities together, similar to what they offer at the camp. Plus, its just he and I from our patrol that are able to go. We are going to head in with a positive attitude make the best memories we can.

Webelos may choose a patrol patch but they are not patrols, they are a den.