Political Party Affiliation? Don't be a whimp!

Eyes down in repentance...I WAS feeling, just for the moment, kind of ilky.

But to specifically address the topic, I was listening to an evangelist on the AM band back in '95 sometime. He had worked out the date and was calling the flock together. Here's the rationale. Herod was King at the time of Jesus's birth. The second millenium was supposed to be 2K after that. Herod died in 4BC. Ergo...the big bang was going to occur in 1996. I'm sorry I didn't tape the show because I never heard the guy again. Come to think of it, maybe he was right! Yikes!

We are on a different calendar method now. Was that talked about? I believe we are on the Gregorian calendar now. Whats kinda freaky is all the BeHeadings going on........that is talked about in prophecy.....won't take the mark of the beast..no? they cut your head off.

Jason,

Watch calling people names even in jest. You just called someone a name who lost relatives to them. I'm offend when that name is tossed around as my mother and members of her family and my father's family suffered under their occupation.

Don't be offended. . Not sure what you are reffering to. Femi Nazi? Is that what you are reffering to? Sorry to offend you.....your a Jew? I just made fun of NAZIs and you are offended? Seriously I am confused. Peace be with you brother.(This message has been edited by Jason OK)

Guest OldGreyEagle

I have watched this thread and the other one that mentioned Hitler and feel like I have to comment.

Far to often in our society I think otherwise well intentioned people throw around terms I cant' believe they truly understand. Primal in this morass of public hyperbole is use of the terms Hitler, Nazi and Gestapo. If you look at the german Nazi party's record of millions dead in concentration camps, the middle of the night disappearances, brutal beatings and the like its hard to conceive of comparing any entity in the US to the Nazis. So, when someone says, "what are you, A Nazi?" Or "what's with the use of Gestapo tactics" that person is invoking an analogy to one of the all time worst regeimes in world history.

In order for the term "Feminazi" to truly make sense it would mean the people who hold the views that in the eyes of others make them "Feminazi's" They have to be espousing the rounding up of their opponents, depriving them of their homes, possesions, family and then finally their life. The so called Feminazi's would have to be systematically physically beating those who do not agree with them and totally stifle any dissent. I do not agree with everything Gloria Steinem wrote, and I am no supporter of NOW, but as far as I know, neither run concentration camps containing people who disagree with their views.

To compare someone with Hitler means the person wishes to rule the world at the cost of however lives it will take. And I don't see anyone remotely close to that in American politics. Now, some wild-eyed Bush detractor may place that tag on President Bush, but first President Bush has to open concentration camps, confiscate property, organize a "special security detail" and systematically eliminate opposition by either murder or exile. And while the Vice-president's recent exchange with Sen Leahy was certainly unstatesmanlike, to be analagous to Hitler and the Nazi's, Leahy would have had to been shot at dawn.

At the beginning of the Iraq war, a prominent politician called for a "regieme change" in Washington, clearly trying to compare Saddam with president Bush. So that means President Bush has systematically killed whole villages, and cities and tortured thousands of dissenters. Prior to the war, thousands protested at quite public demonstrations. As far as I can tell, no one lost their life or property or family because of participation in such, so maybe, just maybe references to Nazi's, Hitler, Saddam and the like should be reigned in.

Anyway, White Rabbits, White Rabbits, White Rabbits

OGE, you probably knew this but in case you didn't, 'feminazi' is a Rush Limbaugh invention, at least that's who I first heard it from. And to turn the tables ever so slightly, I have seen a recent political ad in support of Bush that makes a comparison of equivalence of Hitler to Kerry, Gore, and other prominent Democrats. Just FYI.