New Uniform?

Latest rumor I heard was a new shirt coming out, similar to the Switchbacks (meaning an outdoor, synthetic material), in August. That may turn out to be just as accurate as the prediction I heard that the new uniform would be out this past January.

When I was a Scout, in the 60's, the shirt and pants were the same color and were made of durable material. Scouts outgrew them more than they wore them out. We wore them to all functions, meetings, camporees, etc. Recently came across a picture os a Canoe Race in 1966 and all Scouts in the canoes were in uniform.

The new activity shirts and pants have drawn mixed reviews. Unless you are close, you would not know the shirt was associated with BSA. Intentional?

Used to have one uniform for everything, outings and Court of Honors. Now have to have two, an activity uniform and a dress one. Maybe we should revive something from the past.

I hope it's a multi-use uniform. I think that when Boy Scouts do Scouting activities, they should be identifiable as Boy Scouts, especially when they are in public. I agree with srisom. Maybe we should bring back the former way of doing things.

• 2 weeks later...

The switchback 2 for 1 sale is to get rid of the switchbacks. National TODAY sent out a email to all the scout shops. National is going to be issuing a new uniform. Top to bottom. Yes that means a new hat, shirt, pants, patches, socks, etc. They will be coming out on August 1 2008. They look pretty cool and i am looking forward to the new look. :-)

"They will be coming out on August 1 2008. They look pretty cool and i am looking forward to the new look. :-)"

Anywhere we can see a picture of this cool new uniform?

New socks? Sheesh! I don't mind a new shirt but I already have a billion pairs of socks.