Star Scout "smith" realizes he has not advanced in the last 3 years as a star.

His 18th b-day is 12-27-08.

Friday, I get a call asking if we can convene a BOR for Star Scout Smith. Mind you it is 27 June.

His SMC will be the same night.

Boy tells Dad, "I asked Mr. Guggenhiemer if I could have my SMC a couple of times and he has not gotten back to me."

Dad then takes up for the boy and calls Comm members and asks about BOR.

The SM is angry. Seems smitty was LYING about asking for the SMC. He never asked for the SMC.

Dad is angry , being duped by his angel.

SM passes the boy along to the BOR with the charge that the Scout has lied to get his board done in this EMERGENCY manner.

Boy admits to lying.

We tell him what a stupid thing it is to:

wait until the last minute.

lie about your Scoutmaster so the boy's difficiency looks like the SM difficiency.

That he has 6 months to complete a project and a years worth of MBs

We talk to boy for 1 1/2 hours and at 10pm just two hours shy of turning into a pumkin boy passes BOR.

Boy displayed tremendous lack of judgement and integrity.

Boy will apoligize to SM.

Boy had completed requirements and aged about a year and a half in the couple of hours we(BOR --SMC) had him.

I mostly passed him on the fact that he realized it was dumb to lie. He completed all the requirements. I also considered the possiblity of the boy saying for the balance of his life, "the Adults didn't pass me so I never got even a chance at Eagle." Now if he does not make it, it will be up to him.

I think boy was genuinely sorry.

What would you have done?

[closing this duplicate topic] (This message has been edited by a staff member.)