I need your valued advice.

Guest OldGreyEagle

Just so there is no mistake, Venturing Crews are allowed to make up ther own uniformm and the Venturing age range is 14-21 so you could be a Venture Crew by what you have described. As far as I can tell, a High Adventure Venture crew is not required to do service. But, be that as it may, welcome. An oft repeated refrain around here seems to be something along the lines of "...If you don't like it, start your own group..."

Here you are, declaring you are starting your own group and we want you to join the BSA (well Venturing at least)

Anyway, a hearty welcome, I offer any advice I can give that fits with your aims and I hope we have a long and mutually benefical relationship.

I was in Lander Wyoming once, beautiful country, they have the disappearing river and all, ever been there Dude?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JasonOK here,

I have proven I can talk civilly. I would greatly appreciate if you guys would at least allow me to re-register to this forum under my main email address. I am sorry for being non scout like. I do feel I have a lot to offer though. I promise to stay out of issues and politics. I rather be a positive example for the boys on this forum.

I wasn't even warned by Scouter Terry. Wouldn't it be un-scout like not to give me a second chance.

Respectfully,

JasonOK

1st. NO

2nd. Jason OK

3rd. Old Fart

4th. The Dude

5th. who else are you?

6th. So I know who else to block.

7th. Get some help man!

(This message has been edited by dan)

Guest OldGreyEagle

You know Jason/The Dude/OldFart and who knows what else, I tried to warn you yesterday afternoon about what happened to WHEELER. You asked me then if I was threatening you and I replied, no, I would not deprive you of your first amendment rights. But you continued to post questionable material. Now you are back, with some degree of deception. It is not forum members who determine who posts here, but Scouter-Terry. But one thing I can control is who I communicate with...

Well....not sure if I wanna tell you guys what state I am in. You guys might send a Lynch Mob after me. I am all of those guys. I would like to help out in the main part of the forum if you guys "Scouts" rather hate me and never hear from me again I understand. I just thought I would swallow my pride and ask for forgiveness. I was just cut off, never asked by Scouter Terry to hold back. I thought it was OK if he didn't say anything to me. Which he never did. I am a stay at home dad and I get bored. I wanna help you guys out. I know I have been deceptive. I have tried to email Terry but no reply.

Respectfully,

Jason(This message has been edited by The Dude)

I really don't care where you live, and don't ever plan to visit.  You've proven to be deceptive over and over again.  Your first post as Jason OK said (my emphasis added):

Now 27, married with 2 daughters (yes I am a Mr. Mom) I find myself day dreaming about what life would have been like if I would have got my Eagle. Not that I don't love my wife or children. I just need some testosterone in my life. Actually one thing I think about is when I went to Philmont....took my camera.....lost my camera...hahahahahaha I have seriously been thinking about joining a local troop (as an adult leader) but how do you go about doing that when you know no one nor have a child to take. I can only imagine the hurtles I might have to overcome..... (is this guy a perv?) lol Thats what I would think. I considered girl scouts for my older girl but I got a hold of their scout law ......the phrase "I will try" I believe sets them up for failure so I decided not to go that route. Besides, Boy Scouts is so much cooler! Well what does this 27 yr old Mr. Mom (going through his early life crisis) do?

Now, after getting kicked out, you return under a new name and lie about your background.   Note the emphasized parts.

I own a High Adventure Store here in WY.....and I have decided to start my own version of scouting. I think the BSA has gotten stagnant. Our uniforms are in the works. Patagonia has decided to get in and help us. Cargo Pants with Puckerware shirts (Class A) Instead of a Scout Oath and Law we are going to be more like a fraternity with skill courses. We will be based on code rather than law or oath. Each member will have to bring a role to their crew. We are only in the beginning stages. My son works with me here at the store and he has lots of friends interested.

Dude, you scare me.  I come to this forum to share ideas and get advice from fellow scouters.  You're posts are cluttering up the board and adding very little value.  I felt for you at first, when you talked about trying to get involved with scouting and feeling rejected by the troops.  Now that I've seen your actions, I can understand why they didn't let you in.

A Scout Is Trustworthy.

Sir,

I did not say a troop rejected me.

I also posted that to show I could be civil.

I emailed Terry. Hopefully he will reply this time and I can work this out with him.

Consider this my last post unless Terry and my fellow Scouts here wouldn't mind giving me a second chance.

Posted: Wednesday, 6/16/2004: 2:19:17 PM ----------------------------------------

Well I just got a call from a troop and they said they will not allow me in their leadership unless I have a boy old enough to be in their troop.

Do you remember who said this:

"Always tell the truth; then you don't have to remember anything."

1 more to answer that.

Nothing about "myself" kept me out of that troop. I was left a message on my machine after I called and told them I was boyless. I never met with anyone from the troop. They do not allow adults without sons in that troop for obvious reasons. I am currently working in a troop. They seem very happy to have me. And no, I do not concentrate on Politcs and religion.

Do Not forget.....Being HONEST is what got me in trouble.

Dude (BTW I like that name better) your are 27 and from your posts I would say an immature 27 at that. You don't need a scout troop. No, what you need are more personal in nature challenges and adventures. Let's be honest being a stay home dad in Oklahoma is great for your kids and for the bounding and relationship and all that other stuff. But you are afraid that you are missing something. That life is passing you by. Which it is. You feel that if you were in a troop then you could go camping and be outdoors and meet challenges.

I would suggest another path. Pick one that leads to more personal growth and adventure. Find another organization. We will help you look.

Best wishes

Its Me

That will be 5 cents please

OK fine I will quit volunteering with my Troop. Please continue your insults. And I will stop helping the BSA. I will contact the SM tonight thank you for following all the other points of the Scout Law. "It's ME" you are probably Bob White, Boleta or Eamonn...only 33 posts seem about right.

No, "Its Me" has been around a while. Unlike some of us, he doesn't feel the need to weigh in on every issue.

Hey, BTW, you said you weren't going to post any more, then you've posted two more times.

Terry - I'm for closing this thread too. It was based upon a false premise - a guy in Wyoming who owned a high adventure store....

Dude (and I like this name better too), you still don't get it. You're here detracting from what we really want to talk about - SCOUTS. Instead of making up ficticous stories about your son and his buddies, we would rather help someone who is dealing with a real issue.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHOW YOUR DISLIKE IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT UN-SCOUTINGLY. REMEMBER other boys are reading this.

Farewell,

Thank you for saying I need to go get help. You are too Scout Like for your own good!.