New Scouts in Uniform

How does one wear the uniform quietly? I think Fat Old Guy understands setting the example.

The adult should not step to the front of the room and proclaim in a loud voice -- "This is the proper uniform of the BSA and if you're not wearing it, you're not a good Scout!"

I've seen that done, BTW. That's not wearing the uniform quietly.

The adult can set the example by showing up week after week in uniform and guiding the boy leaders of the troop in proper uniforming.

Quiet leadership knows the effectiveness of a whisper and the ineffective use of a shout.

DS

Because it looks good, you can be a citizen of the United States but never register to vote, althought its encouraged. You can be a permanent resident of the US but not be a citizen, although its encouraged, you can be...(fill in your own analogy now)

On another line, When joining, inform the Parents on what is needed and where to purchase it. Also make the parents aware of any "Uniform Banks" in the area. The reason for no uniform may be the Family Budget.

Please do not take this topic into "the High Price of Uniforms." Or excuses on "why I can not afford one."