Do we show our true colors in front of scouts?

A person is fine up to a point and then they just loose it. They rant, scream, stomp around, etc. Someone asked me, who is in charge? The person ranting, screaming and stomping is doing those actions. They may feel or express they are out of control, but who is really in control? They are the ones acting that way.

When I heard this, I had to stop and take a moment. When I "loose it", I am doing the looseing. I am acting a particular way. I am in charge of my out of control actions. Somehow I must feel that this is Ok behavior for the situation.

I am working on my reactions to stress and stimuli. For me it is often too many people expecting more of me than I am willing to give. So I am workin on saying No to more people earlier in the process.

Forums are a limited communciation medium as already discussed. Some are better writer and some take more time to express their veiwpoints. I also spent much time in a DOD job in a secure environment where you learned that anything you said, wrote or did would be anaylzed by someone at sometime. I trained myself to make sure anything I expressed would be within the limits of tolerance.

Not everyone who surfs the web realizes that they can never take it back.