September Scouting Magazine

In the September Issue of Scouting Magazine is an article about a certain troop (362) from a certain little Pennsylvania town (Bethlehem) that did a canoe trip one day and a bike hike the second. Yes, indeed, that troop is the one of which my son and I are affiliated. ( I guess my troop would have been shorter ;))

Anyway, its a nice article about the troop and the group that outfitted the trip, they provided both canoes and the bikes and the helmets.

NB: Search all you will in the multiple photographs, you will not see any pictures of the OldGreyEagle or his son, YoungSpikedEagle. It seems the troop decided to have this trip on the same weekend as the second weekend of my Woodbadge course, or rather the WoodBadge Course I took. Those familiar with the course know the second weekend utilizes youth as staff members. Well, my son opted to be the Woodbadge staff rather than take part in the trip. That may be one of my best scouting memories.

Anyway, thought I'd share

Can't wait to see it! Congratulations to your Troop!

And I think you seem rightfully proud of your son for making the decision he did. Congratulations to him, and to you for being such an influence to him.

Young Spiked Eagle? If you'll allow me some personal opinion, you need to influence him just a shade more (LOL!)

Mark

Hey, he "only" has one earring and his hair, while perhaps spiked, is still its natural color. One more item of note, he is entering his senior f high school and has filed papers to remain 5 years in high school. His guidance counselor says he should graduate this year, but my son says he is not ready so we are going to red shirt him a year.