I need your story!

My name is Todd Shaw, I am an Eagle Scout, Class of 1980 and I need your help in promoting the values of Scouting through your stories! Thus the title: A Scout is

Why write this book? I am writing this book because Scouting has shaped my familys life. Currently I am working with my sons Scout troop in Galax, VA Troop 284, and my dad is still very active in Scouting at the prime age of 80-South Carolina.

The book will be written in a motivational style that includes famous quotes or sayings that go along with each theme of the Scout Law and/or Scout Oath, and (this is where I need your help) stories from adults who went through Scouting (all ranks, not only Eagles) and who have applied the principles of the Scout Law and Oath to their life.

Visit the web site, www.ascoutis.com to download a PDF questionnaire or submit your stories online. You can also view a small sample of stories already submitted.

Please feel free to forward this form to other men and keep in mind that the deadline is June 30th, 2009. Thanks again for taking your time to help in this project. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at Todd@ascoutis.com or call me directly 276.238.1068.

Scouting is for life,

Todd Shaw

• 3 months later...

Here's one you may want to use.

A Hundred Years from Now It will not matter what my bank account was,

The sort of house I lived in, Or the kind of car I drove. But, the world may be different, Because I was important in the life of a boy.

-Forest Witcraft