RE: John L. Alexander

Alexander was employed as the BSA's managing secretary from early June until December 31, 1910. However, he was convinced to stay another 6 months, supposedly to help West. Remember, West signed on for only 6 months starting January 2, 1911. He stayed a lot longer as we know.

David C. Scott

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alexander was employed as the BSA's managing secretary from early June until December 31, 1910. However, he was convinced to stay another 6 months, supposedly to help West."

Oh? That's in conflict with all the info I've read that says he left around October and Robinson stepped in until West took over in January. And certainly never heard of him staying around to help West either.

RE: John L. Alexander

Beard to Alexander, nd. (but late December 1910)

"I learn with the most sincere regret of your intention to sever your connection with the Boy Scout movement..."

Alexander to Beard, December 30, 1910

"I want to thank you for your letter of recent date. At the urgent solicitation of Mr. Pratt and Mr. Robinson, I have decided to stay with the scouts for another nine months, so that the very pleasant relationship that has extended between us need not necessarily be broken."

(OKOK, it was nine extra months, not 6. sorry.)

What is your sourcing Michael?

David C. Scott