Hi. I'm writing a book on voice actor Walter Tetley, and I REALLY need some help in tracking down information on the Boy Scout Troop #1260 he helped establish, and something called the Rainbow Scholarship Fund which he gave all his money to when he died (that is, his executor did via Walter's wishes). I've called the Boy Scouts but wasn't called back. I emailed someone there and they had no information. Either I'm not finding the right people to ask or there's just NO information on this! But please, Please if you know anything about this troop (probably started in Encino, or at the very least southern California), please let me know. Or please point me in the right direction of someone to ask. I believe this troop was begun to aid shut-ins or the handicapped, but I have very little information to go on. ANY help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ben Ohmart

I do not believe national keeps much information on individual units, that is normally kept by the local council office. Contact the council service center for the area you believe the troop resides in and they should be able to find information on the troop.

Bob White

Encino, CA is now in the Western Los Angeles County Council, Balboa Oaks District. There offices are located in Van Nuys, CA.The website is www.bsa-la.com. I do not think that this schlorship is still in existance nor Troop 1260. Unless you can find someone that was in that troop, the council office will not have any info. on old expired troops. Good luck.