Venturing Crew vs. Explorer Post

"I didn't know there was a Venturing YPT.

There was no mention of a different YPT for Venturing Leaders during the Leader Specific Training.

I was told there was a specific YPT for the youth in a Crew but not a separate YPT for adults.

Is this available on-line? Does anyone have a link for Venturing YPT?

The DE that we met with suggested that the club members be directed to the on-line version from our councils Web site. That training is the same for Cubs, Scouts and Venturing. "

Sigh.

Yes, there is a separate YPT especially for Venturing leaders. If your DE is not aware of this, am a little disappointed. If this was NOT brought up in Venturing Leader Specific Training, shame on them, too.

The training IS available on-line, HOWEVER, like the standard YPT, your council needs to make it available from the council website. This new training IS mentioned in the Venturing section of the National website. My council has it on their website.

The video for the course is: Youth Protection Guidelines: Training for Adult Venturing Leaders (AV-03V014)

This is SEPARATE from the YPT for the Venturers (Youth Protection: Personal Safety Awareness (AV-09V027))

Your council should have ALL these videos available for you to borrow.

Greetings Fellow Advisors!

FYI.. There are a few resources to purchase that are not available to be seen on the www.scoutstuff.org and may not normally be on the shelf at your local Scout Council store.

You have probably seen the www.scouting.org Venturing page already. On the bottom of the Resources page is video support. If your Council or DE doesn't possess them, you may consider increasing your Crew library.

For those adults that get stuck behind a desk, there is a good interactive CD which is new in 2005(Venturing Adult Leader Fast Start CD (AV-0321CD - order form). Which you can hand between your advisors, consultants, committee and parents.

Also, there is a high quality commercial or public service announcment called Hangin' Out: Venturing Youth Recruiting (AV-03V019). Roughly, it has a 3 minute version and a 30 second version on it, but it is designed directly for the teen youth.

Another location to view new resources is the Venturing Program Highlights, however the only place I've ever seen them is under the Direct Service webpages. Look under http://www.directservicebsa.org/

Resources (tab)

Venturing Program

Venturing Highlights 2005-2006 (25-200D)

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

r/ Crew21_Adv

"Another location to view new resources is the Venturing Program Highlights, however the only place I've ever seen them is under the Direct Service webpages."

Venturing Program Highlights is actually a BIN publication that is put out once a year. It should be made available FREE from your council office (that is, if they bother to order it AND make it available to people). Bin # is 25-200x, where 'x' is a letter that gets increased each year. Current version is C, for 2004-2005. Not sure when D (2005-2006) comes out.

Venturing Program Highlights is one of several bin literature items for Venturing. ALL are listed on the resource page in the Venturing section of the National website. If you are NOT familiar with this resource page, I recommend you do so. It lists a LOT of stuff that many involved in Venturing may not be aware of, but should be.

What I meant was, if any Fellow Venturer or Advisor desires to actually view the 2005-2006 Venturing Program Highlights 25-200D.

They can view it on the Direct Service www.directservicebsa.org website, by clicking on the http://www.directservicebsa.org/pdf/25-200.pdf

The www.Scouting.org Venturing Resources, list last year's Highlight as 25-200C, but does not link to the current 25-200.pdf file.

r/

Crew21_Adv