Forgive the misleading title please, but recently got asked what Venturers favorite activities were. I rattled off a few of the old standbys like rock climbing and rappelling, bike trips, canoeing and kayaking, caving, shooting sports...

What is big with your Crew?

Thanks

Rather than ask what are Venturers favorite activities, I would ask, what do youth 14-21 want to do?

We have climbed (Clumb?)indoors and out (going to a climbing gym this weekend, Reading Rocks in Wyomissing "Rocks" the owner is an Eagle who learned to climb at Philmont, but I digress.

Our Crew Backpacks, Car Camps, most recently in Gettysburg, stays at a Hunters Cabin, does Whitewater and participated in a cardboard boat race that another crew in our council put on.

Our Crew has sponsored A First Aid Training week end where all the requirements for the required First Aid portion were covered and another time we sponsored a week end and did the Venture YOuth leadership program.

We have done Snow Tubing and have a skiing trip scheduled.

The District Pinewood Derby Chair and I were talking, well the theme this year is Speed Racer. Well, the Crew will be there, dressed as charactors, Speed, Trxie, Spridle, etc. The Crew ate up the idea, as long as they "get" to make pinewoos derby cars and race them in a "crew" race.

What do Venures DO? Whatever interests them. We have a Model Train Crew in Council, part of the Hobbies and Crafts portion of Venturing. They were part of a Toys for Tots train display this December and the Council Crews went out one night and visited them, to see their lay out. We have another crew in the COuncil that does World War II renactments. Remember, Venturing covers the following:

Arts and Hobbies

Outdoor,

Sea Scouting,

Sports,

Religious Life (formerly Youth Ministries)

If a group of youth have a similar interest, a Crew may be formed.

What do Crews do? Whatever the youth want!