July In-Flight Delta Magazine Ad

While flying out of Atlanta, after an extended delay (Extended delay out of Atlanta? Now thats redundant)

I noticed that the July In-Flight magazine Delta provides had a nice ad for BSA, very sedate and professional looking. As much as we berate BSA for our perceived lack of PR, this layout was very nice. Did anyone else see it?

OGE,

Extended delay out of any airport is redundant. I'm glad my traveling days are over. I hope. Never say never in this economy. I spent 10 months flying between Oklahoma City and Burlington Vermont each week with a 4 our layover in Chicago O'Hare each way......if flights were on time.

No, I have not seen the ad, but am glad there is one. What I'd like to see is BSA run ads on Nick, Cartoon Network and sports programs. It needs to be seen by parents, but it needs to be seen by kids in particular who then pester mom and dad to let them join.

Sad to say,I have not seen the delta ad.

National used to display their ads on their web site. I will have take a look.

OGE,

National does have a set of TV ads, that you can get. Our local cable company donates the air time. I have to admit that the only time I have ever seen one is very late at night.

We only can get them to air them around the time we are doing the school recruitment.

This is a great project sale for our district.

Eamonn

• 1 month later...

The Boy Scouts of America has been selected by Delta Airlines to be Charity of the Quarter. The quarter concludes on September 30th.

Members of Deltas SkyMiles program can donate miles to the Boy Scouts of America during this period. For every 5,000 miles donated, Delta will match with an additional 1,000 miles. Donation of SkyMiles can be made through Deltas Web site, www.delta.com.

Sorry this info is so late...just found it myself. You'd think National would push this info out to the public, or at least to the BSA membership. - scoutldr