I didn't attend our Council Annual Meeting held about a week ago.

We have a new Scout Executive. He joined us in November. As yet I haven't met him.

So far everyone who has met him seems to think he is a nice fellow.

Rumor has it that he has been doing a full audit of the Council. Looking at Finances and membership. It seems that he has found some paper units and Scoutreach units that are now gone!!

At the meeting he informed the Board that he wasn't going to allow any more fake units and that LFL would be self-supporting. We in the past have paid the membership fee for some School Districts.

As I say I have yet to meet this fellow, but already I think if he sticks to his guns I'm going to like him!

Ea.

I think that's wonderful that you can get a new SE and see some perceptable POSITIVE change right away. From all of the posts I've read over the many different scouting forums, that's the exception rather than the rule.

My old council (no longer with us, sniff) had a massive turnover some years ago. As I percieved the change...Regime A was entrenched for many years, sort of lost thier focus on training adults and moving forward with new programs from Nat'l with respect to program and trainings. That happens I suppose, like the homeowner who sort of gives up on keeping the lawn green, and that sort of thing. Fresh blood was called for and it came in the form of a new SE and all new commissioned staff save one (enter Regime B). We kept one DE who to this day works in our district. She's very task oriented and focused and Thank God we have her.

The New SE made some wholesale changes when he first got into the office. He shuffled the NYLT adult staff, the Woodbadge staff (in keeping with new nat'l policy) and re-structured the OA Lodge (again in keeping with Nat'l Lodge Policy), and in the midst of all this, ticked off the local United Way and lost funding from them (not all his fault, but he certainly didn't help the matter any). While all this is going on, it never dawned on any of them (Regime B)that nobody had staffed Summer Camp yet (Hello, it's May). Summer Camp was cancelled after the first week.

Needless to say his first 6 months set the tennor for his stay at the helm. Although he had little to do with the demise of our council (long time coming), he was "credited" with killing it off just the same because of the antimosity he generated with the wholesale changes made when he stepped up to bat. Instead of hitting a Home Run, he knocked foul ball after foul ball and finally retired the pitcher...

You may have gotten a new broom, but what we ended up with was a mop!