FOS District Goals

Pbbbblt!

There's your on-demand raspberry blower. God I love this Scouting stuff. Yes, Eamonn, I know you were teasing. I got a kick out of you getting a kick from the raspberry blowing. People are usually surprised to see an Assistant Scout Executive (abbreviated often as Ass. Scout Exec -- I don't know why,) blowing them the raspberries. I can tell you I learned it from my Scout Executive. If we can't laugh at ourselves, how can we laugh at anyone else (grin.)

No, I haven't seen the national FOS report. I only see the one for the Central Region. I'm proud to say we finally hit the left column, or the "top half." I just wish we were closer than 80% of goal now. It's only going to get tougher when the grass turns green and the air warm.

Have a good evening.

DS

• 3 months later...

Well, we did manage to meet our over all goal.

We only did so due to the fact that we/I begged and pleaded with the community guys to go back and do a phone- athon.

We met the district goal.

But did not meet the family goal.

We are to date the only district in the council to meet the goal and are in fact at 104%.

I did take all the FOS community captains to dinner at camp. After dinner, I thanked them and warned them that the goal would go up again next year.

At our last Key3 meeting we were to sign off on next years budgets and start work on next years goals.

When I get all my ducks in order, I will go and spend some time with the SE.

Some time back,I let him know that we would have to be carefull not to raise the goal too much, as the community people are worried.

Asking people to "up" their donation didn't work.So the only way to go is to bring more workers on board.

The district committee feels that I ought to go in to the meeting with the SE, and fight with him.

This is not going to happen.

This is not my style and I'm far too lazy!!

I do have people working on updating the community lists, removing names of people who have not given in the past three years, some are unhappy with the BSA, some have moved and some are dead (Really dead - See Monty Phython parrot sketch.)Also I am having all the names of people that are on our list and the council has "Taken" and put on someother list removed.

We are looking at ways to improve the Family Presentation. - Any ideas are more then welcome.

Then there is the Goal!!

I think that once all the lists have been corrected and we have a real number- That being the amount of money that came in. I will see if we can try for a 3% increase.

He won't be happy, but I will remind him that we are the only district that brings in extra money from our district golf outing and from the outstanding citizen dinner. He will want 5%, so we will settle on 4%.