Juliette alternative

My daughter is currently a cadette, she just returned from a troop activity this weekend very upset. One of the girls in her troop is emotionally disturbed and I believe potentially dangerous. The co leader of the troop agrees and wants her removed from the troop because she is disruptive, destructive, and violent. The leader is hesitant to ask her to leave because she has not been a good fit in the last 3 troops she's been in because of her problems. 8 of the girls have expressed an interest in going Juliette if she isn't removed from the troop because they are scared of her. Does anyone have any advice on the Juliette progam.

The problem is that the co-leader does not want to be a full on leader and none of the other parents are willing/able to serve in a leadership role. My daughter has also expressed a concern that if they branch off and create a new troop the girl will want to switch troops and join the new one as she did the last time my daughter switched troops. One of the other girls told my daughter that you can't kick somebody out of a troop or refuse to let them in if there's room but that if they were all Juliettes they don't belong to any one troop and could interact with whoever they please. I told my daughter that, I think under the circumstances that she could be kept out of the troop based on her behavior because the troop leaders are not equipped to deal with her; but she says that it would just be easier to go Juliette in case I'm wrong. My concern is that the girl is in her teens and appears to have some serious issues and is violent. If going Juliette and meeting informally with a group of her peers will keep my daughter out of harm's way, I'm willing to support that. I just don't know how the Juliette program works and how I can help my daughter.

Juliette's can not have a bank account or do any money earning activities. They can participate in council cookie/nut/magazine programs, but the profit would go back to council, or to a Troop if they were working with one for the sale. Juliette's can also participate in council/SU activities.

Councils do things differently. Your best bet would be to call your council and talk to whoever is in charge of Juliette's. If they do not have anyone strictly for Juliette's then talk to the Field Rep (or whatever they are called!) for your Service Unit (neighborhood).

You might also want to mention to your council the reason that all of these girls are interested in going to Juliette status. Troops do NOT have to accept, or keep, any girl, especially one that is violent & dangerous.

If something happened, & a girl was injured because of the failure of your Troop's leadership to act responsibly, it could get very ugly for the leaders & your council.