Camporee in Hershey?

Has anyone gone to this? We found out about it too late to go this year, but my troop wants to go next year. For 5 girls and 2 adults coming from the NY/VT border, we need to raise about $1500. So, before we go insane trying to raise this money, I was wondering if anyone has done this trip, and was it as much fun as you had hoped? TIA!

My girls are going into 6th grade, they are 10/11 yrs old. I have 5 girls in my troop, so we're planning on taking my van. We just went to JAM camp in June and had a great time. We're pretty excited about Hershey. We like chocolate, so we're pretty motivated!

Instead of trying to cram in lots of money earning in one year, why not spread it out a bit & do the trip as an 8th grade blow-out. That way the girls will be able to do a better job & spend some money on other fun things too.

6th grade is usually the start of Middle School. Will all 5 be in the same school?

Sixth grade here is the end of elementary school. Four of the girls are in the same school, one goes to another school. We may end up waiting one more year if we have to, but they really want to go next year. They are hoping to have time for another big trip in a few years.

Two of the troops in our service unit went to Hershey camporee this year; the Cadettes were going for the second time... they had a blast, and have encouraged all of us to come along next year (our S2B groups is considering it, but leaning toward a horse-packing trip, soijnce they're all horse-crazy).

The leaders who went said everything was *VERY, VERY* well organized, a great value for the $$, and great gobs of girl fun both at camp and at Hershey Park! Great accommodations (clean, well-kept)... excellent activities offered. Also, they exhange SWAPs at this event... :)

Hope this helps.