Anyone ever sell Pizza Cards?

We're looking at alternate fundraisers and I came across Pizza Cards. If you havent' seen them, there are a few websites that offer them - scouts sell "buy one pizza, get a second one free" punch cards for $10. The buyer can use the cards up to 20 times over the next year at a local pizza parlor.

They seem to be decent values for the people who buy them and the unit keeps a fairly high percentage of the money. Is there a catch? Has anyone else done these, and what were your experiences? Would you recommend it for other units?

Thanks,

Not sure if the ones my son sold were "buy 1 get 1", but the card had a set value as far as the pizza shop was concerned. I believe the fundraiser chair asked the pizza vendor for 500 cards, and any unsold cards needed to be returned because of this "real cost". The "Real Cost" was probably the cost of printing the cards + some made up value.

Several Scouts had 25-50 cards, sold 0, and did not return them all, so they became a cost right out of the profits.

(This message has been edited by dg98adams)

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried selling them with other organizations before and they are kind of a hard sell. We bought the minimum amount and ended up not being able to sell all of them. You definitely have to be pro-active about selling them and possibly make individuals responsible for a certain number of them.