Cowboys and Aliens (from outer space that is)

This movie is a light hearted piece of silly entertainment. My main criticism is that the title of the movie does not give due regard to the positive contributions of the Apaches in the movie. The movie really should have been named "Cowboys and Indians and Aliens" or something like that.

Be all that as it may, the best line in the movie comes when the settlers realize they are dealing with something realy really bad, and someone suggests that perhaps they should notifiy the territorial governor and request that the government come to their aid. Harrison Ford's obnoxious character responds to the effect that, "...and wait six months for them to send some west pointer to tell us what to do....," realizing that they at best had a few days to react to their situation and try to save their loved ones.

The movie had every stereotyped character and scene, but it was still entertaining.

eisley

I agree with you the movie had every old west stereotype in the book, but Ford and Craig did a great job, as did the lovely Olivia. Great entertainment and the perfect escape movie you don't have to analyse to death, just enjoy. But you got to wonder the aliens had the townies way outnumbered and outgunned, even with the Apaches help, yet once again good triumphed over evil. I give it two thumbs up!