"NEW YORK, Dec 15 (Reuters) - The premium of Brent crude over U.S. benchmark West Texas Intermediate rose to the highest level in seven months on Wednesday, pushed up by a big increase in crude oil stocks stored at the key delivery hub in Cushing, Oklahoma."

Just in case anyone missed that news. I've always been fascinated with the fluctuation of the premium of Brent over WTI.

Yah, well, all of us here would recognize that Brent is of course a premium product. Especially compared with anything from West Texas ;)

My church actually has an Allen organ, by the way. Great little organ company, Allen.

Thanks for the fun...

Anyway, Shell decided to name their fields after birds and I have often wondered what was the decision-making process that arrived at that naming convention (in this case after 'Brant' or 'Brent Goose'). It's one of those pieces of energy trivia that could spice up a lecture and if anyone knows the story...I'd love to know too.

Otherwise, I had a student whose name was 'Brant' and he was one of those anal-retentive pre-med types "..tell me what I need to know to make an 'A'..." He was extreme in this sense. After my course I saw him in the hallway one day and said 'hello'. We talked a bit and he expressed frustration with the biochem course he was taking at that time. It so happened that I had just purchased the big 4-page giant flipchart loaded with details on the intermediary pathways including structures, enzymes, etc. I said, "Brant, would you like to make an 'A' in biochem?" He responded enthusiastically. I unrolled the chart across the lab table and said, "Brant, if you memorize everything on these charts, I dare say you'll probably make an 'A'." He didn't hesitate. "Where do I get one of those?" he asked. And I like to think that he DID memorize the whole thing, heh, heh. I do know he made an 'A'.

Back to crude Brent....;)