Scouting Values Coming Back to the Forefront?

Glad to report that Scouting values in the mainstream may be making a comeback as seen through yesterday's success of the book "On My Honor I Will: The Journey to Integrity-Driven Leadership" by Randy G. Pennington on Amazon.

It started the day around #25,000 and topped out at #207, including being the #1 book in the Business Ethics category. Pennington connects good business ethics as truly being based upon the Scout Oath and Girl Scout Promise, so surely that's a good thing for the BSA and its national message going into the 2010 celebrations.

(Disclosure: Yes I'm the publisher, and yes I'm proud of it!)

Perhaps you can answer the question I sent to him through his website, but which has yet to receive a response. Is this a new book, or an update of the original he wrote with another author in 1992? I have the original in my collection. Thanks.

It's good to see a business ethic book move that well in sales - but just because someone has bought the book doesn't mean the values will translate to real life. When we see real evidence of corporate values becoming aligned with Scouting values, then we can celebrate. Let's not celebrate the success of a book as the success of values without seeing the evidence of those values being lived first.