Knot tying -- a funny thing happened

My son hasn't been active in the troop over the past 6 months. He did go to summer camp and got signed off on his knot tying requriements. If I asked him to tie a specific knot he would just give me a blank look.

My living room is a state of chaos being remodeled. I'm at home cleaning today, see a rope I use for teaching cubs to tie knots laying on the floor. Go to pick it up, it is tied to the couch leg in a PERFECT double half hitch! ROFL

Give a boy a rope and he'll have fun for hours!

Thanks OGE

You should have seen him last week at the District Scout Show for 6 HOURS! He did rope climbing, was upset they wouldn't let him go further. Oh, that's my son, the one who would not go up the YMCA climbing tower when I suggested it. Let him think it was HIS idea and he's there.

I'm pushing him to visit the nearby troop that is making some changes. It's that or start our own.

"Give a boy a rope and he will have fun for hours"

I think the same can be said for a lot of adults.

Some of the really great people that I know and have known, in Scouting, have been the ones with a rope in their pocket, waiting to pass on the art of knoting ?? To that boy who just happened to pass by. It is always a lot of fun to watch, the faces, and wait for the smiles.