The donkeys hate the elephants. The elephants hate the elephants. Everyone hates the independents unless they come over to their side. What is going on? Is there a way to stop this nonsense?

If the donkeys win the election they are going to blame the elephants for the next four years that they could not keep their donkey campaign promises because they had to pick up the elephant droppings first.

If the elephants win the election they are going to blame the donkeys for the next four years that they could not keep their elephant campaign promises because they had to pick up the donkey droppings first.

Is there a way to get them to work together without all this hate and blaming the other animal?

Right now I do not see any way that anything is really going to help us and all of our problems? Am I wrong?

Back to the real world now, my dog came and told me its time to go for a walk. He lives in the NOW world and doesnt hate another animal but would like to catch the rabbit and squirrel that live in the back yard (just to play, of course).

I am so disgusted I don't know what to do. I was planning to retire in 2 years and start a new career (i.e., take a risk), but I have seen 40% of my 401K evaporate since January. That's the bulk of my federal employee retirement plan (the days of the 80% defined pension are over). My financial guy says I'm hosed. Just need to tough it out...too late to take defensive action. Yes, it's a buying opportunity...for those who have excess cash lying around.

What can we do? Send a clear message at the polls and vote for Bob Barr (Libertarian). Tell the elephants and donkeys we're tired of their pandering, lies and BS. But this will only work if we ALL do it. Sadly, most will not and we will be stuck with one or the other...and right now it looks like Obama. I just heard a theory from Boortz that the current stock market drop is due to people bailing out to move their nest eggs to something that Obama can't touch and redistribute to those whose "need" is greater. Not sure if I believe it...but emotions by definition are not always rational. All I know is my retirement plans are evaporating, and I'll probably die at my desk at age 92. (Making my kids support me is NOT an option...learned THAT lesson the hard way!)

True, a real 3rd option that people would actually vote for would be a great way to "send a message".

But to me, in my provincial, backward mindset the REAL problem is that everyone in the elected government positions, forgets that politics is how you get there but you were sent to govern, not position yourself for the next round of politics or to play politics in the elected arena(which far too many think IS the job).

How about elected officials actually looking out for the people and the nation they are governing rather than continually politicking?

Hey, I have the anthem for a Voter's Rebellion

What gives you the right hey you

To stand there and tell me what to do

Tell me who gave you the power

To stop me from livin' like I do

Remember if you plan to stay

Those who give can take away

Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Just one time I'd like to be somewhere where

None of your clever lies fill the air

I'm tired of your frozen smile and your voice of tin

Just might all gang up on you