Origins of Civilization

BadenP, If I want to hear those very same arguments regarding slavery, I merely need to walk three houses down.

I must say that I have very much enjoyed the exchange. I think that Rooster7 and Beavah both share passion for their faith and that they both have expressed themselves eloquently.

I do observe that the exchange, between two well-studied devout believers in the same faith, differ on a rather basic question...the inherent goodness or not, of man. Beavah is correct, Rooster7 is unlikely to yield in his interpretation. I suggest that Beavah is probably of equal resistance in his view.

I think that both will agree, however, that newborns are not automatically endowed with the knowledge and understanding of religious faith and of Christian scripture, in particular. These things must be taught to them and learned by them. I wonder what the divergent paths were that led these two devout believers in the same faith to opposite conclusions.

Nevertheless, that we cannot find the common ground even for something like this is hardly evidence for religion as a unifying concept. Thanks for the demo.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic