Famous/infamous Eagle Scouts

Michael Moore has been an exemplary citizen and Eagle Scout. I am supposing his detractors would love it if their rivers were overrun with lifeless fish. They would cheer if their drinking water killed any that drank from it. They would be ecstatic if the world's forests died from acid rain. They would be enchanted if the world's oceans overflowed the lands of the earth from global warming all because of a little industrial pollution. I am sure that those that hate the M.&.M. man would love for the earth to be a biter place to die.

I find M.& M.'s values to be only those that we teach in Scouting. His work has been above and beyond that needed to make him a Distinguished Eagle Scout and Silver Buffalo.

FB

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Fuzzy. All us Republicans want to pollute the world! We want dirty water and air for our kids and families! We want all wildlife to die! We want all the trees gone! Only MM was able to save the world from us evil Republicans!

MM is far from what I consider trustworthy and honest. His Columbine movie was full of lies, inaccuracies and twisted material, and somehow won an Oscar as a documentary - what a joke! Exemplary citizen, Distinguished Eagle Scout? Not in my book.

BrentA

My book says something very different than yours and it doesn't look like we are going to agree any time in the future, whatever is left of it.

By the way, what present day icon are you defending, if any?

M. & M. is overweight and could stand to do a few laps.

FB

FB,

I guess in my book, when the director uses an image of a newspaper with a fabricated headline - one that never appeared on that paper - to build his case in a documentary, either you have to say he is lying, or the film isn't a documentary - it is fiction. Just one example.

I didn't know I was supposed to be defending any icons. Did I miss a memo?

BrentA.

I agree totally with you. If anyone, including the M. & M. man, the President or the Pope or Senators or Rush Limbaugh that uses deception to make a point, then their point is without merit. It also means that anything else that they will ever say has no merit or worth whatsoever. Wow, I thought we were diametrically opposed.

I may almost a Republican be.

FB