I don't very often stray into starting threads in the area of the forum, but I came across this in Time magazine and then looked it up.

"And a society of different lifestyles spawned a group of young people who were brought up without parental discipline, without proper role models and without any sense of responsibility to or for others."

This is the sort of thing that I might have expected from Maggie Thatcher or maybe even Baden Powell. But no. This is part of a speech made by Tony Blair, leader of the left wing British Labour Party. He is referring to the 1960's liberal, social consensus on law and order.

He is of course a polititian and like many politicans is saying what he thinks people want to hear.

Eamonn.

May have been a politician but the words ring true!

It seems, to me at least, that there are a lot of young people today who don't give a hoot about anything. Nothing is their fault & they refuse to take responsibility for anything. This is not the way they were born. This is a taught behavior or in some cases lack of being taught behavior.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

The kids we're talking about learned their attitudes with us as parents. Who are we complaining about??? Us or them???

Or are we old enough to be thinking about our childrens' children???

Since we're probably not talking about our own children (who border on perfection . . . at least while sleeping;) . . .)are we concerned about their peers or our own???