The Secret Documents

As in many organizations there are documents that are secret, i.e. for internal use only. I image that Irving has memos floating around about changes in the program, uniforms, equipment, policies and whatever. Any organization needs to look to the future. Study groups are formed to present options and not all of them need to publish to the whole group, only the ones that are implemented. I suppose there are studies on opening up Boy Scouting to girls, and how to integrate gays in Scouting Leadership. Not to study them would be poor management. To study something does not mean it will happen but is a way a being prepared in case you decided to go that way or are forced. But because they exist do not change anything yet or in the future.

SR540Beaver, with all due respect, it is not always so easy to find these documents. I have done many searches on National's site, and I have had great difficulty finding things that, thankfully, others have shared links to. It is a hard site to navigate which is too bad, for there is a lot of good information to be found there.

Would I call the hard-to-find items secret? Nah, just hard to find. Would I call some other documents secret? No, because they aren't, but perhaps, as the most recent post indicated, they are on a need-to-know basis. I do not need to see everything the BSA has; that would be the same as reading inter-office memorandums. They are for the intended recepient, not the general public. Then there are those items that can be hard to get hold of, but it's usually--in my experience anyway--due to too little staff handling too many requests.