But I had never seen any maliciousness from you toward Ed personally, and I was trying to point that out to him.

MK, Go back to the thread with the Troop comparisons where Bob led everyone to believe the Troops he was using as examples were fictitious when he knew they weren't! In fact, the one Troop was mine & the other was real, too! That was the baiting I was referring to. And I think NJ figured it out!

He zapped me, too, Fat Old Guy! I guess that could be considered a good thing!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

Bobo Blanco stated, "Mark, I never thought you ever baited me. I was refering to the originator of the thread."

Bobo, how could I be baiting you? You claim that you've squelched my posts so I would think that you wouldn't have seen it. In any case, I was posing my questions for people who think and can do more than spout the company line.

At the insistance of a friend I have unsquelched FOG and Ed in this thread.

As was related to me these to posters are, shall I say, Truth Challenged.

FOG, you did not post first on this thread, Ed did.

ED, as a reminder I said the characteristics of the two troops were common, you said they were hypothetical, not me.

For anyone who wishes to verify that here is the link.

http://www.scouter.com/forums/viewThread.asp?threadID=47401

I welcome anyone to find anywhere in the thread where I said the troops were not real.

It is my personal choice to squelch these two posters. I am not the only one to do so. The reason I do it is obvious to most of you.

I return now to resquelch the two of them. I invite, even encourage, them to do the same to me.

Bob White

Well Bob,

You started the thread "Let's Play Unit Commissioner" would lead one to believe these units were hypothetical. A poster asked you if you knew of actual units that were in these circumstances and you responded

"I'm sure anyone who has spent any amount of time in commissioner service has seen units such as these."

Again this response would lead one to believes these units were hypothetical. You later posted

"I never said these troops were hypothetical"

Another poster (Fat Old Guy) then posted

"So, since they aren't a specific unit, it is a made up situation. Still looks hypothetical from this part of the bleachers."

which you never refuted. Truth challenged? Don't think you know the meaning of either word, sir.

I hope you are as good baiting your hook when fishing.

Ed Mori

Bobo Blanco claimed, "At the insistance of a friend I have unsquelched FOG and Ed in this thread. "

Go on! Get outta here! You have a friend? Nah. .. . really?

"FOG, you did not post first on this thread, Ed did."

I stand or sit corrected, I started the thread that this thread spun off of.

"I return now to resquelch the two of them. I invite, even encourage, them to do the same to me."

Nah, your comments provide too much amusement.

Ed

Here is the problem, nobody but you and Fog enjoy these exchanges. What satisfaction this gives you is beyond me. Now, whether you meant to or not, you have fabricated a falsehood yet again.

Very few people will equate lack or posting with agreeing. Many of us do not respond to posts whose content, or author, are of little or no interest. However I did respond, just not in a post addressed to FOG.

http://www.scouter.com/forums/viewThread.asp?threadID=47401&p=4#id_47739

So you still cannot, and will not, post a link where I said these units were fictional because I never said it or implied it. You and FOG fabricated it, and then presented it as truth.

If this is a thread you really want to revisit Ed then why not just start a spin off, and ask how the two troops are doing currently?

"I return now to resquelch the two of them"

Now who is perpetuating a falsehood!

Bob,

I never posted that you said these units were fictional. What I said was you led other posters to believe they were. Thereby baiting them.

The following post are from that thread when it was learned that the Troops in Bob's comparison were real:

"Bob White - I was learning some new stuff in this discussion, but now feel like I've been an unwitting party to an elaborate ambush."

"I'll wait for confirmation of that before giving my opinion of that method of discussion in this forum. (If you can't already guess.)"

"But as far as this forum member is concerned, right now this thread is not about Ed's troop or the use of program in a Scout troop, or emphasis on advancement or anything else but one thing. It is about the tactics that have been used in this thread"

It's only too bad Bob won't see this since he has blocked my posts.

Ed Mori

BW, FOG, Ed, when you guys all get to heaven are you going to continue to bicker like this for eternity? If so you're going to be a drag on things (yeah, Rooster, I know I'm goin' the other direction but I can dream can't I?).

But really, can't you guys think in the longer terms and try to get along?

packsaddle,

My purpose to starting this thread was to point out that one poster doesn't like the tactics of another poster yet uses the same tactics himself. I have always said "If you can't take it, don't give it"

Then I was forced to defend myself. Sorry if you were offended in any way.

Bob,

You posted "So you still cannot, and will not, post a link where I said these units were fictional because I never said it or implied it" I along with others would agree never said these units were fictional. We would also probably agree that yes you did imply they were. See my previous post

Ed Mori

FOG, Valhalla is a small 'burb in Westchester County just outside the Big Apple...nice, but not my idea of a great alternative.

Ed, I don't offend easily unless it is on behalf of the boys so that's not a problem here. Besides, I must admit that I haven't followed the specifics of your, FOG's, or BW's allegations so I am not judging anyone in particular. I'm fairly certain such detail would not be all that interesting anyway. If anyone else feels differently please chime in on this thread.

I would, however, like to believe that all of us have, as a basic goal, the best interests of the boys. It seems to me that starting from that point we could find just a little common ground to resolve differences. Just a thought.

Also (hint, hint) it would serve as a better model for the boys.

P.S. We just had a great troop meeting, perfect t-shirt weather with real sunburn potential. Gonna have a great camping trip next weekend.

FOG, I like NY. No, I love NY! But could it be, heh, heh, that you're baiting me? Oh well. Seriously, NY ranks in my experience as the greatest city on earth. I like a lot of cities and places but NY with the food, the shops, the shows, the food, the people, the sights, the excitement, and the food... if that's hell, I guess I'm going to be really happy someday, "...make that an EXTRA LARGE order of ribs, Adam".