This poster was quoted but is still alive & kicking...

OGE

I don't have to face our great and glorious commonwealth - I'm here!!

A couple that we could add:

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

Living is easy with eyes

closed,misunderstanding all you see.

John Lennon.

When you have confidence you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun you can do amazing things.

Joe Namath.

The average person living to age 70 has 613,000 hours of life. This is too long a period not to have fun.

Unknown.

Eamonn

I understand several things. I don't have quotes from philosophers -- actually I'm a fan of Machiavelli, but only for amusement and a hint of truth.

I understand that Laurie (who's post I have admired for quite some time) does not get angry at other posters. She's angry with WHEEELER and rightly so.

Eamonn has written him off -- Eamonn doesn't generally do that. I respect Eamonn greatly.

OldGreyEagle -- whom I also admire and respect -- has used his wisdom and knowledge and has expressed dismay at WHEELER's posts.

Bob White, whom I have met personally and like very much has also argued with WHEELER.

So now I come to my own conclusions:

I'm tired of the sophmoric claptrap wrapped in ancient philosophers. I'm tired or reading rantings from Battle Creek, MI from a man who is not involved in Boy Scouting -- but would rather see him rant here than influence Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts or Venturers in the council in which I grew up and received my Eagle.

WHEELER -- you have ruffled the feathers of these good people and I ask that you stop. You probably won't, but I've never gotten much unless I've asked for it.

DS

Matua:

Half a day yourself :)

Actually, I haven't left yet, but am in the midst of doing so. I report for my new duties on March 1, but have the time in the interim to pack. I'll probably vanish from the forums for a while when I move to my new office and apartment late next week. My office doesn't have a computer and my apartment is too small . . . We'll see if the madness has ended once I'm actually settled in.

In the meantime, I'll read what's going on here and pitch in when I feel I can.

Dave