Seeking Unbiased Explaination about BSA, Unitarians

Mark --

Buddy, don't fret over spelling. If you can spell Presbyterian in your sleep you either belong to Lamda Chi Alpha (which I do) or there's something else wrong with you :)

There was no offense taken other than we don't kneel. I was once asked to be a prayer sponsor to one of my Scouts who was about to be "confirmed?" whatever in the Episcopal Church. I did pray for him every day as I was supposed to, but no one told me I'd end up having to spend the entire day in his church with him. I did it gladly, but remember grabbing him on the shoulder when the priest came up the aisle and saying,

"Tell me when I have to kneel."

He did, and we got through the day when the Bishop layed hands on him (along with about another 150 youth.)

I was real proud of the kid at the end of the day, but I'll never understand (although I respect) the kneeling thing. I do respect it, I truly do, but I simply wasn't raised that way.

Kneeling is but one of the differences between many denominations. As to the stuff brought up in this thread about polytheism, monotheism, etc. as it relates to the BSA, I simply wish to point out that the Hindus and Buddahist organizations have religious awards recognized by the BSA.

Zorastriasm also does . . . but I don't know what that means. If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it. I respect the sanctity of all religions as long as it is belived.

That will probably light some fires, but oh well. The lack of a religion is not a religion. That's what I mean to say.

DS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic