The future of the gay issue

I must agree with what most of you have said. These discussions get us nowhere. Neither side is willing to give any ground and I believe all points and opinions have all been said (not heard, mind you, but they have been said).

So I posted this completely unscientific poll to determine why there is some cyclic nature to the gay issue. Luckily, the favorite response is that people don't care either way. Yet, there is nearly a tie between those who feel BSA will change by their own decision and those who feel BSA will never change.

This is why we continue to argue and debate. If everyone agreed that change was inevitable or impossible, then there would be no discussion. That's why the atheist controversy hasn't been as popular because few believe that scouting will ever change their stance on that issue.

Disagreement fuels communication. Communication is a natural attempt by humans to bring things out of conflict and into some agreement or compromise. This is why we debate the gay issue. Because we don't know what the future holds for scouting and gays.